Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli’s House

Jan 29th, 2010 | By | Category: Celebrity Homes

In keeping with the Beverly Hills, 90210 theme I seem to have going on this week, today I thought I’d blog about the real life residence that Jennie Garth and her husband, Twilight  actor Peter Facinelli, and their three children call home.  I found this location over a year ago thanks to fellow stalker Virginie who posted Jennie’s address in a comment on my site and even though I’ve always been one hundred percent on Team Brenda, I had to run right out to stalk the place!  For whatever reason, I’ve yet to blog about the residence in all this time, though, most likely because I’ve just never been that big of a Jennie Garth fan.  I know, I know, she was supposedly the “sweetheart” of the 90210 cast, but as I’ve mentioned before, she just wasn’t all that nice or friendly when I met her back in 2000:(  Anyway, last night my fiancé reminded me that I had yet to blog about the Garth/Facinelli residence, so I figured today was as good a time as any.  Better late than never, right?

IMG_0357

Jennie Garth and her family purchased the 7 bedroom, 9 bathroom, Colonial-style Toluca Lake home pictured above, which measures a whopping 9,685 square feet!, on February 4th, 2005.    The home was originally built in 1934 by Paul R. Williams, a noted celebrity architect who also designed houses for Lucille Ball, Barbara Stanwyck, Frank Sinatra, and Bill “Bojangles” Robinson.  Ironically enough, Williams is also responsible for giving us the mansion located at 1060 Brooklawn Drive in Bel Air, which coincidentally happens to be the residence where Donna Martin lived on Beverly Hills, 90210  :) and also where the Colby family lived on the short-lived Aaron Spelling produced series The Colbys.  According to some property records I read today, it seems that Jennie Garth and her husband – or quite possibly the residence’s previous owners – did some extensive remodeling work on the home in recent years.  And, because Zillow lists the premises as being comprised of two separate parcels of land, it would also appear that at some point in time, one of the house’s owners purchased a neighboring property and subsequently combined the two to create the gargantuan home where Garth and Facinelli now live.  And believe me, it is gargantuan!  The place looks more like a hotel than a private residence.

ScreenShot3344

Jennie Garth’s house actually has a long history of celebrity inhabitants.  The very same residence was also the boyhood home of the late actor John Ritter.  His parents, actor/country singer Tex Ritter and actress Dorothy Fay, owned the property from 1954 to 1968.  And, according to this article, during the time the Ritters lived there, John Wayne was a frequent visitor.  So cool!

And while the house is very beautiful, I was much more enthralled with the “Keep Horses Off Sidewalks” sign located directly across the street from the residence.  I was absolutely cracking up when I saw it, as that’s a sign one just doesn’t expect to come across in the L.A. area.  😉

IMG_0358

While doing research for this post, I discovered that Jennie Garth’s street and the surrounding area are quite similar to the celebrity-filled Blue Jay Way in West Hollywood.  Both neighborhoods are practically busting at the seams with celebrity residents!   Other stars who live in Garth’s community include Jennifer Love Hewitt, Hilary Duff, Lindsay Price (Jennie’s co-star on 90210), Kirsten Dunst, and Brooke Burns.  Oh, what I wouldn’t give to live in that area!  😉

You can check out a video of Jennie walking out of the house here.

Big THANK YOU to Virginie for tipping me off to this location!  :)

Until next time, Happy Stalking!  :)

1. Michelle says:

Hi Lindsay,

Just came across your site today and I just happened to find a website that has pics of the inside of this home too… http://lalife.com/address/10063_Toluca_Lake_Ave_Los_Angeles_CA_91602/photos Thought you would be interested in that as well :)

2. tatiana says:

OMG can you pleace tell me where i love peter so much and I am going to los angles please email me please it is my biggest dream to meat him I watched him since I was 2

3. missy says:

Jennie was incredibly sweet when i met her a few months ago outside a talkshow, she was in a hurry but when i asked her for an autograph she stopped immidiately and said; yes sure, i said i loved her as Kelly on 90210 and that i would miss her on the show, and she got a bit shy and smiled and said really? thank you that’s sweet. I think she is one of the nicest celebrities i’ve met, she’s a bit reserved, someone you have to know better to really know what she is like, that doesn’t mean she isn’t nice.

4. TK says:

I Walk past this house everyday and never realized it was her’s and yes, JB and hilary live directly across the street and george lopez right down the street .

• carlisleluvr4eva says:

OMG seriously!!! You are so lucky!!! I love Peter Facinelli and I must meet him! But i am across the country and dont have money to fly any wear! :'( I am like his biggest fan! I love him hes so funny, he seems really sweet, and not to mention good looking!! If only he came to my state or I got the chance to meet him!! <3

5. Serenity says:

Architect Paul R. Williams’ built this house?!?!?!

Do you know a GIANT he was in the field of architecture!!

Unfortunately not many people know of his legacy. Info here http://www.paulrwilliamsproject.org/about/paul-revere-williams-architect/ I recently found out about him. I’m so mad I never knew about his significance growing up but now I’m on a search to know all the residence he built. I appreciate you mentioning his name in your blog. I grew up on the East Coast so I’m wondering if that is part of the reason why I didn’t know his work.

Thank you so much for sharing!

6. Bill says:

It is located at the corners of Mariota Ave and Toluca Lake Avenue according to this:
    (Birds Eye and Labels)

7. KC says:

Hi Lindsay-

Love your site! Where’s the “stalk it” info? This house is amazing! :)

Happy hunting!

8. Cindy says:

Hopefully this is my last time but I just had to add this. It appears that the greenery behind the Miley Cyrus’s house is part of the large landscraping for the prior Bob Hope home. I didn’t realize houses were so close! Bob Hope home address 10346 Moorpark Street and he lived there since 1938 until he passed away at 100 years old in 2003. I did not realize he was 100 yrs old either. Wow!

9. Alex says:

I think the jonas brothers parents live next door to hilary duff aswell

10. Raul Moreno says:

This is a hidden area and is great! Also Toluca Lake residents are Vanessa Hudgens(sworn not to to tell!) and long time film critic Leonard Maltin.WAY back when Bob Hope and Bing Crosby lived a block apart!

11. Kat says:

This is awsome! Her house looks amazing! and I have to disagree about Jennie being not friendly. I met her last August and she was super friendly. She wasn’t supposed to sign autographs or do pictures and she had another show to go to and she took her time to make sure that everyone got an autograph and a picture with her, She was even taking a couple of minutes to talk to me and answer my questions! And she was a sweetheart to everyone. So idk what you’re talking about. The house is great and I LOVE the signs :) LOVE JENNIE :)

12. Rick says:

Cindy is right, Haylie lives with her Boyfriend and talks about it on Twitter.

13. Cindy says:

Lindsay,
    Love the post today! The versatility and knowledge that you provide to us and to be able to fluctuate between celebrity homes and filming locations is a gift. Since there are some of us that prefer celebrity homes , to start our day off with, and others that prefer filming locations, we can all wake up everyday and ask ourselves ” which surprise it is going to be today”.

14. Virginie says:

hey Lindsay,
    I remember to have put Jennie’s address on your website, but then it suddenly dissapeared.
    So maybe you got it from me, or maybe someone else also did let you know.
    Thanks anyway for the blog!
    best regards,
    Virginie

• Lindsay says:

Hi Virginie!
      You know, I was convinced it was you who had told me about Jennie’s house, but when I went back through my past comments and old emails I couldn’t find it anywhere. Thought I was going crazy there for a sec cause all of your other comments were there. The only thing I can think is that it got erased somehow when we redid the site. :( Anyway, THANK YOU for tipping me off to this one. :)
      Happy Stalking :),